Each team will consist of two creatives, but there’s a catch… the teams will be completely randomised. For those that want to join the event but can’t design will be able to join as ‘Advisors’ with each designer duo having one advisor. Each team will battle against each other with the same creative brief! You will be given your own private channel so that you can communicate with each other effectively.
Welcome to the first Designly Creative Cup! A two-week journey where teams of creatives will compete against each other to win the ultimate prize!
Creative Cup information!
- Participant Eligibility: The event is open to designers of all skill levels, from amateurs to professionals, who are eager to showcase their creative prowess.
- Randomised Pairs: Participants will be randomly paired with another designer to form a duo. These pairs will work together throughout the event.
- Event Duration: The “Designly – Creative Cup” will run for a span of two weeks, providing ample time for duos to tackle each challenge.
- Randomised Briefs: At the beginning of the challenge, duos will receive a randomized design brief. These unpredictable prompts will test participants’ adaptability and creativity.
- Submission Deadlines: Each duo must submit their completed design within the specified time frame for each challenge. Late submissions will not be accepted.
- Feedback and Advisors: For participants who are unable to design due to time, technical skills or ability, an Advisor rank is available. Advisors will be assigned to duos, offering constructive feedback, brainstorming assistance, and general guidance.
- Originality and Plagiarism: All submitted works must be original and not plagiarised from other sources. Any instances of plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification and forced removal from Designly.
- Respectful Collaboration: Teams are encouraged to collaborate and brainstorm effectively, respecting each other’s ideas and viewpoints. Unsportsmanlike conduct or disrespect will lead to penalties.
- Judging Criteria: Submissions will be evaluated based on creativity, interpretation of the brief, technical execution, and overall impact. Voting will be done anonymously and by the community and competitors.
The winning team will receive a $75 USD prize with each designer receiving $30 each and the advisor receiving $15. The winning team will also receive the Creative Cup Winner rank until the next creative cup.
We’ve put together 6 different potential briefs so that the teams can start thinking – the competition brief will be randomly selected at the start of the event to keep everything fair.
Here’s the deliverables required from each team:
- Brand sheet (with accent colours / typography)
- 1 x Packaging design (with mockups)
- Brand Pattern
- Stock imagery collection
- 3 x social media posts
- Brand story
- Moodboard / Inspiration / Style referencing